Wednesday 30 September 2020

The International Driving Licence

 So I need to renew my international driving permit.  We were supposed to leave the EU last year so I obediently got one last October.  Unlike my proper EU driving licence, it only lasts a year.  Can you spot the problem?



So it turns out that I need a passport photo.  The machine only takes cash.  I don't have a £5 note.  


I go to buy some vitamins in Boots for £4.99

They don't have a £5 note either


I queue up for a coffee in Costa.  Hooray!  They do

I sit and drink my coffee, and scan a QR code to identify myself


So, off to the photobooth

Photo taken

It looks identical to the one from last year, but I'm not allowed to re-use that one.  


Back to the Post Office

Hand over the old licence, the new photos

Bloke looks at it.  

Still two years to go, he says!

It's a three year licence, not one year!

Argh!

No comments:

Post a Comment